In this role, you will support clients' decision-makingby translating IP and patent intelligence into actionable commercialisation strategies.
You’ll conduct patent research to support patentability search,freedom to operate, competitive intelligence, IP benchmarking and IP mapping.
This research will support decision making and modelling of the most appropriate strategy for clients. Together with our Innovation Tax Incentives team, you will also be able to assist clients in developing their Patent Box and innovation strategies
Salary, benefits and perks
We're offering a salary of 27 – 40k dependent on experience. We offer flexible working hours with scope for home-working.
Childcare vouchers, contributory pension, free onsite parking, corporate gym membership scheme, close to Birchwood Station (on the mainline to both Manchester and Liverpool).
What you'll be doing in the role:
- Conducting prior art search to support our customers in making patent-related decisions
- Perform competitive and benchmarking analysis of patents and commercial product landscape
- Prepare IP landscape reports
- Supporting clients to assess the market potential for new products
- Collating, integrating, structuring, and critically assessing information from multiple sources
- Using strategic tools to develop suitable commercialisation strategies and action plans
- Providing compelling narrative for clients and industry and determining the attributes of a successful product/service and a company’s ability to succeed in the market place
- Disseminating the results to clients / project stakeholders / wider audiences (as appropriate).
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide expert support, organising stakeholders’ workshops
- Identifying and exploring Patent Box opportunities with clients
- Providing key technical inputs to the R&D tax team, write technical reports and other client deliverables to interpret patents to support Patent Box workings
Does this sound like you?...
- Academic background, qualifications in a patent related subject (2:1 or above)
- Experience in patent searching & interpreting patent filing history, patent families and claims
- 3 years’ experience (minimum) in IP commercialisation or related field
- Delivers high quality advice and solutions to clients
- Commercial acumen and proven track record in developing commercial insight
- Strong planning and organising skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
...If so, please send your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: email@example.com