We’re seeking an Intellectual Property Manager to join our expanding consultancy team.
In this role, you will conduct patent research to support patentability search, freedom to operate, competitive intelligence, IP benchmarking and IP mapping. This research will support decision making and modelling of the most appropriate strategy for our fabulous clients.
Together with our R&D Tax team, you will also be able to assist clients in developing their Patent Box and innovation strategies.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Conducting prior art search to support our clients in making patent-related decisions
- Performing competitive and benchmarking analysis of patents and commercial product landscape
- Preparing IP landscape reports
- Supporting clients in assessing the market potential for new products
- Collating, integrating, structuring, and critically assessing information from multiple sources
- Using strategic tools to develop suitable commercialisation strategies and action plans
- Providing compelling narrative for clients and industry - determining the attributes of a successful product/service and a company’s ability to succeed in the market place
- Disseminating the results to clients, project stakeholders and wider audiences
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to provide expert support, organising stakeholders’ workshops
- Identifying and exploring Patent Box opportunities with clients
- Providing key technical inputs to the R&D tax team, writing technical reports and other client deliverables to interpret patents to support Patent Box workings
- Leading a team, effectively managing workloads and coordinating resource to achieve deadlines
Does the below sound like you?
- Strong academic background with qualifications in a technical subject such as Engineering, Computation or Life Sciences (2:1 or above)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a R&D or technical innovation environment
- Understanding of trade secret, trademark, copyright and patent filing process
- Experience in developing and implementing IP strategies
- Experience in conducting Freedom-to-Operate analysis and prior art searches
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different audiences
- A proven track record in developing commercial insight
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- High attention to detail, self-motivated and able to seek out solutions using own initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Educate to a Master’s degree or above
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience either as an Intellectual Property Manager or a Technology Transfer Manager
- Experience in conducting Patent Landscape analyses
- Experience in leading a team, effectively managing workloads and co-ordinating resource to achieve deadlines
We’re at an exciting time in our own journey, with an expanding team and a shared vision of providing the most comprehensive and bespoke support available for UK innovators. It’s really important to us that you fit and enhance our team culture. If you are passionate about innovation and technology and its wider impacts on society and the environment, and if you love it when clients succeed, you could be just who we are looking for!
If this all sounds like you, please send your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary, benefits and perks
Onsite car parking
Close proximity to mainline train station (Birchwood)
Flexible working hours with scope for home working
In-house yoga classes, Discounted Gym membership