between £150,000 and £600,000.
- Eligibility: UK registered organisations only.
- Objective: To reduce cost and risk in offshore wind development in collaboration with US projects.
- Opening: Monday, 16 October 2023
- Closing: Wednesday, 10 January 2024 at 11:00am UK time
- Innovate UK will invest up to £2 million in UK offshore wind R&D projects.
- UK projects must work in collaboration with US projects, which will be separately funded by the National Offshore Wind Research and Development Consortium (NOWRDC).
- UK-US collaboration must be significant and meaningful.
- Only UK registered partners should be listed in the application on the Innovation Funding Service (IFS).
- Single-phase competition.
- Total eligible costs between £150,000 and £600,000.
- UK projects must integrate with US projects.
- Address one or more of the challenge areas related to offshore wind resiliency, transmission, operation & maintenance, and ocean area coexistence.
- Wind Resiliency and Transmission Coordination: Focuses on power reliability, transmission solutions, and energy storage of greater than 10 hours.
- Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Systems Development: Addresses technologies and strategies for cost-efficiency, safety, and supply chain development in O&M.
- Innovation for Ocean Area Coexistence: Concerns technologies that mitigate impacts on marine life and environment.
- Feasibility projects, industrial research projects, and experimental development projects.
- Projects that don't align with specified challenge areas.
- Energy storage solutions with less than 10-hour duration.
- Projects focused on baseline environmental data collection.