Total project costs must be between £1.5 million and £3 million.
The application should:
- Identify and outline one or more technological barriers and how they impact businesses.
- Describe the innovation that will overcome these barriers.
- Show how the innovation is technically and commercially viable.
- Provide a roadmap for future commercial exploitation.
Your project should focus on:
- Enhancing the scalability of quantum network technologies.
- Contributing to UK leadership in the global market.
- Utilizing second-generation quantum technologies involving phenomena like superposition or entanglement.
We Encourage Projects That:
- Enable large-scale operation of quantum networks.
- Develop security frameworks for quantum-enabled solutions.
- Advance critical technologies towards mass production.
- Connect quantum processors into network architectures.
- Collaborate with network architects, operators, and service providers.
The project must focus on:
- Data security in storage and during transit.
- Networking quantum computers for improved information processing.
- Feasibility projects and industrial research projects are eligible for funding.
Projects that will not be funded:
- Projects not utilizing second-generation quantum technologies.
- Projects that duplicate existing innovations.
Funding is not available for projects dependent on export performance or domestic inputs usage.