Finance and Compliance Manager – ERDF Project
- Warrington, Cheshire
- £35,000 to £38,000
- Full time
Closing Date for applications: 12 noon on Tuesday 27th June 2017
This Innovation Management Consultancy has recently secured a £3.7 million LCR Future Energy ERDF project. This prestigious project will help SMEs in the renewable energy supply chain in the Liverpool City Region to build their capability and capacity and ultimately to grow.
The Finance and Compliance Manager will be responsible for the day to day management the project’s finances, audit systems and the procurement of goods and services. This will include monitoring and approving expenditure, to ensure financial ERDF compliance, for all partners and managing the ERDF financial claims process and associated systems.
The role will also include visiting companies and helping them to comply with European procurement and state aid rules, where they are in receipt of a grant from the project. This role will assist the Project Director with the financial and project management of the entire project.
– Contribute to the management of the project, creating a bridge between finances and project delivery/management.
– Manage the project finances per ERDF guidance and EU procurement rules.
– Establish and maintain financial and output management systems, providing visibility of expenditure to all partners.
– Develop the entire team’s capability (including partner’s) to meet ERDF eligibility requirements (procurement, timesheets, expenses and outputs/outcomes).
– Produce and submit financial claims (including partner claims) to quality and deadline.
– Manage the grant tracking process from application to claim ensuring that all appropriate evidence is recorded, prior to payment.
– Ensure that the project audit trail is robustly maintained and recorded.
– Prepare monitoring reports to record the process of the monitoring visit – highlighting any issues and making recommendations.
– Produce, collate and present management information for project reporting purposes (internally and externally), as required.
– Produce project and company board financial and performance reports.
– Responsible for the archiving system, setting up, running and updating guidance.
Required Skill and Competence
– Experience of managing ERDF finances and compliance
– Experience of European procurement
– Self-motivated and results driven
– Organisational and planning skills, plus meticulous administration skills
– Strong time management skills
– Ability to support and mentor partners
– Degree or a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
– A financial qualification is highly desirable
All applications for this role must be sent to email@example.com and addressed to Phil Southward.
Please ensure your application is sent to us before the closing date by 12 noon on Tuesday 27th June 2017.
The project is funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regeneration.