- Warrington, Cheshire
- £35,000 to £38,000
- Full time
- Closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 25th July 2017
This Innovation Management Consultancy has recently secured a £3.7 million LCR Future Energy ERDF funded project. This prestigious project will help SMEs in the renewable energy supply chain in the Liverpool City Region to build their capability and capacity and ultimately to grow.
The Senior Business Advisor will have a diverse role, supporting all elements of LCR Future Energy project, ensuring that SMEs obtain value and ultimately grow. The Senior Advisor will lead on SME business recruitment and engagement and be responsible for providing SMEs with market intelligence, contact searching and introductions. This role will include line management responsibility, with the potential to support SMEs to attend national and international tradeshows.
This is a high profile role, which is critical to the project’s success.
- Identify and recruit eligible SMEs from the LCR region that would benefit from engagement with LCR Future Energy services.
- Identify key business challenges and deliver the most appropriate LCR Future Energy support that meets each individual beneficiary needs. This includes liaising with consultants and supporting SMEs in the procurement of consultancy/mentoring services.
- Provide advice on business development, supply chain access, market and competitor research, finding international partners and building relationships.
- Deliver, facilitate and present at workshops and events (includes attending national and international conferences and exhibitions and supporting companies with trade missions and shows).
- Collaborate with and sign post business support activity to relevant partner organisations.
- Maintain all required databases/systems for the purpose of management information.
- Collect relevant documentation to ensure that the support provided is compliant with ERDF.
- Report performance against targets to the Project Director for management purposes, company board, project board and for ERDF reporting.
Required Skill and Competence:
- Experience of delivering business support advice to SMEs, particularly around helping them to meet the requirements of large companies and achieve growth.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Financial management (project).
- People and team management skills.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy sector is desirable.
The project is funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regeneration.
Please be advised the closing date for applications will be 5pm on Tuesday 25th July 2017.
Any applications for this position (CV and cover letter) must be sent to Agata Lartey (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the closing date, any sent in after this time will not be considered for the role.